Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Thanksgiving

We had an awesome Thanksgiving holiday in San Antonio. It was great to get away and hang out with family for a week. We were able to enjoy the sights, including the Riverwalk, the mall, and H-E-B with about a million other people who were buying food. Mitch's parents really spoiled us with the nice house and meals.

I also enjoyed watching all of the little ones play together. Each child is at a distinctly different stage, and it was interesting to watch. Reese is babbling like crazy and reaching for everything; Keynan is starting to talk and learn about boundaries; Raylee is talking and watching out for everyone; and Ryland is starting to read. Such a variety! I learned a lot about what to expect with Jacey over the next months/years.

Sunday we drove home and actually got to see some snow. Between Big Spring and Lubbock there was probably 2-3 inches. Unfortunately we didn't get anything in Canyon, but maybe soon.

The only downside of our trip is that I came home with a horrible cold. I don't think I got it from anyone in the family, since I got sick so soon after seeing them. But it's no fun. I've been in bed most of the time Jacey's napping the past 2 days. Today I'm a little better, and hopefully can make it to the grocery store without too much exhaustion.

Hope everyone had a happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Laura said...

I hope you feel better soon. Glad you had such a great trip.