Wednesday, November 28, 2007

God-things

When I was in junior high and high school my friends and I were hooked on to a series of Christian romance novels. They provided many opportunities for dreams and giggles. They also gave me the phrase "God-things." Although that phrase most likely didn't originate with that author, the stories provided many examples of God-things in "real" life.

Today I was part of a huge God-thing. We were told by the hospital where we had Jacey that we might qualify for financial assistance, since our bill was large and we didn't have maternity insurance. I felt blessed just to have that opportunity, because many places won't mention things like that to you unless you ask. Today I completed the forms and sent them in. And (drumroll please...), we qualify. Completely. Our bill was 100% forgiven. WOW. Who knew hospitals did that? God certainly did.

Definitely a God-thing.


Maybe now we can get a new couch...

2 comments:

Kristina said...

Thanks for your comments you left on my post a week or so ago. They were greatly needed and appreciated!

I know how you feel about the financial assistance. We were able to get basically the same thing, but through our doctor. We don't owe anyone anything and it lasts until 60 days after I have my baby. It's amazing how God makes sure we are all okay. Jacey is adorable by the way. Her Halloween pictures were so cute! I hope you guys are doing well!

Rebecca said...

I am sooo glad that God did His wonderful "thing" yesterday for you! love you MOM