Wednesday, September 12, 2007

I'm finally here!

My sister-in-law encouraged me to start a blog, so here I am! I really enjoy reading my friends and family's posts, and I like to write my own occasionally. It's such a good way of keeping in touch. So here goes.

Life is good around here. Things are settling down as we get accustomed to having a little baby. Jacey has definitely made the transition to parenthood easy for us. She's such a sweetheart, and isn't a difficult baby. Last night she slept for 4 hours between feedings, and we all were rejoicing! Our pediatrician really pushes to have her patients sleeping at least 6 hours by 2 months. I love the idea, but I've been worried about how to get Jacey to stretch it out. Like all things I've discovered about parenting so far, the child usually knows what she needs, and things will work out in due time. And last night was proof of that.

She's also getting to be more active and awake. We played in the floor on our stomachs yesterday as she worked on lifting her head and looking from side to side. She works at it so hard that she gets tired and grumpy pretty fast. But she's definitely making progress!

Mitch's job is going well. We're getting back into a set schedule after this summer's trips and all-around craziness. The kids, parents, and congregation are starting to open up to him more since we've been here over a year. He's beginning to be able to incorporate his ideas and goals, instead of doing what has always been done. It's great to watch.

On a more random note, I love making funfetti cake. You know, the mix with the sprinkles inside. It's not necessarily my favorite flavor, but for some reason I'm drawn to it every time in the grocery store. It's just hard not to be happy as you make and eat it.

For those who've requested, here are some pictures of our family...



I love to headbands. I don't know if she does...

Hungry Jacey!





Sleepy Jacey.







More coming soon!

1 comment:

Ms. Chambers said...

found your blog, and i have been thinking of starting for my family also. but i had to comment and say that Ben and David love the funfeti cake and have me making them cupcakes w the matching icing all the time ;o)