Friday, May 2, 2008

Dada!

Jacey has become quite a little talker this week. She's been saying "Dada" for a couple of weeks, but now she'll look at Mitch, wave, and clearly say "Dada!" It's so precious. Unfortunately, I only get "Mama" when shes really mad. Sunday we sat her down on the floor, and apparently she didn't want to be there. She yelled "mama!" and started screaming. Still precious though. Her next word will be "dog." Right now it sounds like"da."

It was good that we had a quiet weekend last week. This week has been pretty insane, with PT, pre-admitting for my surgery Monday, a newsletter to put out, senior banquet to plan, sermon to prepare, and all of the other normal activities we both have to do. Luckily I'm getting back to normal. I actually did all the laundry, dusted, and vacuumed yesterday. I don't think I've vacuumed the house in 2 months (not that I really missed doing it.) It's just nice not to have to ask Mitch to do housework on the weekends.

I decided this week to start a scrapbook for Jacey's first year. My pictures came in yesterday, and I can't wait to start. It's been a while since I even wanted to scrapbook, since my last one ended up being a behemoth. At my baby shower in Nashville, I received a huge box full of paper, stickers, ribbons, and quotes all about babies. So I have all the supplies I need (maybe). Hopefully this one won't take 2 1/2 years to finish.

1 comment:

Harmony said...

I hope your surgery goes well today. I just really need to see that little girl of yours also. She is growing so fast.