Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Easter and other things

With all of the other craziness that is going on in our lives, I've forgotten to update everyone on my little girl. She has loved her Grammy being here and spoiling her. She even will reach for her while I'm holding her. Mom just loves it! Jacey has done a ton of new things recently. She's now eating Cheerios and drinking from a sippy cup. She also sits in a high chair at restaurants. She thinks she's pretty cool stuff and has this adorable proud look on her face. Sunday at church she waved bye-bye for the first time. I was the proud one this time! Grammy has been working on "patty-cake" and Jacey now claps all the time trying to do it herself. She has grown so much in a very short time.

Easter was fun, even though Mitch had to be out of town. We dressed Jacey up with a new dress and new shoes, which she loved. After church we were able to go out to eat with Bryan and Susan. That's always a fun adventure, because their son Colton is 1 month older than Jacey. At the end of the meal there were cheerios, toys, crackers, and throw-up all over the floor. Our poor waitress.

I had surgery on Monday, and they were able to save my ACL. I have two wires holding it down on the bone, and my knee is locked in my brace at 30 degrees. Hopefully when I go back in two weeks I'll be able to start moving it, and then putting pressure on it soon after. I will have to go back in to get the wires removed, but that should be no big deal. My doctor said that recovery will be longer this way, but my knee will be stronger after it's healed. I've just decided that God is teaching me patience, because it feels like its taking forever. Luckily I have great family and friends to take care of me!

Here are a few pictures of Easter and Mom's visit:
Jacey's new sun hat
Jacey and Grammy
Her shoes are covered in glitter, and she was enthralled!



4 comments:

Harmony said...

What a cutie! I love the pics. Glad you are on the mend and that Grammy had such a good time.

Connie said...

Wow! I am so behind. I am sorry to admit I did not even know about your injury and surgery. I am so glad you are doing well!

Jacey is beautiful. What a cutie! Take care!

Kristina said...

I'm glad everything went good with your surgery and you are doing as well as you can be considering. I've been trying to decide who Jacey looks like and I've come to the conclusion that she is just an excellent mix of both of you! She's getting so big and is just precious! I only have about 8 weeks left of this pregnancy! I just can't wait, I'm definately ready to have this baby!

Charlotte said...

updates??? how did the dr app go?