Monday, August 25, 2008

Mitch and I had an awesome weekend. I think it was the first weekend in a long time that Mitch was home. We had Friday Night Live here with over 10 Jr. High kids (craziness) and enjoyed the fellowship. The past few days we had been painting stripes in the youth room, so we continued on Saturday morning. Mitch, by interior designer, has done a great job at decorating the youth room so far. We're trying to create a "coffee shop" feel, with mood lighting, comfy seats, etc. That evening we enjoyed going out looking for cool decor and eating at Red Robin. (Burgers are alway awesome in my family). Sunday was full of more craziness, and included church, class, fellowship lunch, parent meeting, church, dinner and girls' devo. Needless to say I was wiped out.

Random things that I've learned this week:

1. Off-brand cream of mushroom soup is not the same.
2. Jacey loves meatloaf.
3. I need girlfriends, and desperately miss all of you who fulfill that for me!
4. Where the disposable tablecloths are at Walmart. This took me 6 months. They just aren't where they're supposed to be.
5. It's ok to discover different possibilities that life may hold.
6. The Olympics are truly fun to watch...with DVR.
7. I'm so glad school has started!

2 comments:

Harmony said...

You'll need to post pics of the youth room when it is finished. It sounds really neat looking.

rhenry said...

Katie!
It is so sweet to read updates about you and your little family! I think it is so fun that you and i are in such similar professions... working for a youth group... (i can tell that you and mitch are also a two for one deal- you are in ministry just as much as he is:) ) We are also both trying to figure out how to reach this new generation of teens. It sounds like you two are really just doing an awesome job being obediant to the Lord and loving on these kids. Be encouraged.. you are doing a good work! love you! ~Rachel