Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Summer is here

Sorry it's been awhile since my last update. We have definitely started summer, both in terms of the weather and work load. Last week we all headed to 6 Flags with 40 Jr. High kids and sponsors for 3 days of fun. It was a great, uneventful trip. Jacey loved the pool, the 3 rides she could go on a 6 Flags, and the awesome waterpark. She played hard until she just about fell asleep sitting in the water. It was cute.

This week Mitch is in Houston, sweating, with our high school kids. They work with little kids from the inner city at a camp about an hour out of Houston. It's very rewarding, and also very exhausting. While he's away Jacey and I have just hung out together. Monday I got a fever/virus and was pretty miserable with no one to take care of me. But I survived, of course, and now we're getting things ready for Grammy and Gramps (my parents) to come a visit for a long weekend. It's been a very long time since we've seen both of them, so we're looking forward to a good time. Jacey is getting a little tired of seeing just me, so they will definitely brighten her day.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

can't wait to see you guys. Lord willing that will be tomorrow night! Love, MOM