Thursday, January 31, 2008

Roll Over, Beethoven!

Ok, maybe not Beethoven, but definitely Jacey. That's right, she finally rolled over (from back to tummy)! She worked for about two weeks arching her back and looking behind her. She could even do it when she held on to our fingers for a few days. Two nights ago she looked at me, swung her hips over, and tucked those arms in. And ended up on her tummy. I've been worried about going to the doctor for her 6 month check-up and having to tell the doctor she hadn't rolled over yet. But no worries! Now whenever I lay her on her back she'll roll over in a few minutes. It's really quite adorable. The only problem now is that she doesn't like being on her tummy for very long.


She's also loving food. I have to admit I am too. It's so much fun to feed her. I'm also making her baby food right now, and it's a blast. I also thought that baby food was disgusting, but now that I know what's in it, it's not that bad. Personally, I actually think I make really good applesauce. I have a wonderful cookbook that makes it easy to know how to make the food as well. And it's cheaper. So everyone is happy.
Here's a few pictures for everyone:
Jacey usually takes an evening power nap, and it's prime-time cuddling for Mom and Dad.
Yum!
My musical child? She loves listening when we play the piano. She sometimes even dances in my lap.

She loves reading now and looking at the pretty pictures.

3 comments:

Harmony said...

What great pictures! Thanks for finally posting some. I love that you are making her food. I've always know that would be cheaper, I've just never taken the time. Keep enjoying that baby girl.

Kelly said...

Hey, where did you get the baby food cookbook? I made a lot of Keynan's food for a while, but I never had a cookbook. I'd love to have that for Parker. Thanks for posting the great pictures, and congrats on another milestone for Jacey.

Kelly said...

P.S. Can you post some pics of your new furniture?