Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Busy...

We have been pretty busy these past few days, thus the lengthy absence from posting. Last Friday Jacey went to the doctor for a check-up and to get her first shots. Poor thing didn't like them at all (who does?) but survived the ordeal very well. We then headed out to Dallas to visit the Wiggains clan. It was fun to show off our kid and to see all of the cousins and aunts and uncles. Everyone is growing up so fast. And they're all adorable.

I've come to realize that Jacey is a home-body. She inheirited this trait from me. Mitch told me a long time ago that he didn't want our kids to be home-bodies and attached to their own beds, routines, etc. Unfortunately, babies have a tendency to decide for themselves what they like. She was very pleasant on our trip for the most part, but didn't nap well, and was a little out-of-sorts. The wonderful thing about this is that when we come home, she's an angel. She's taken all of her naps, and slept for 7 1/2 hours last night. She's talked, smiled, played, and has just loved life. (I say this now; I'm probably jinxing myself for the rest of the day.)

Not to say we're never traveling again. Monday we head out to Nashville to visit my parents and sister for a week. I'm really excited to see them and all of my friends. My popularity has definitely gone up since Jacey arrived.

2 comments:

Harmony said...

Babies do prefer their routine. Reese is really good during the days when we stay home and I work at the house. She gets out of sorts when we run errands or have the boys around at times they usually aren't. Such is life. Jacey will get used to traveling though eventually. Don't worry too much about it. :)

Kelly said...

I agree with Harmony. Keynan has a hard time when we travel a lot. In fact, when we were gone so long in the summer, Keynan got so used to his pack-n-play that he had "night frights" the first few nights back in his crib. You also have to remember, she's only 2 months old - you and your home are all she really knows. She's awfully cute and sweet!