Tuesday, January 26, 2010

New things

Ok, so this is a post I've been needing to do for a while. Do you ever have so much going on that it's nearly impossible to imagine writing it all down? Well, that's been our life for the past few months. I warn you, this could get lengthy.

Mitch and I have known for awhile that our time here in Canyon was coming to an end. We knew that we were ready to move on to a new ministry, but weren't quite ready to say goodbye just yet. And honestly didn't really know how to start. At the beginning of December the elders and Mitch had a meeting. Long story short, Mitch agreed that it was time for us to go somewhere else, and he resigned. The elders have given us some time to look for a job. Mitch's desire right now is to either preach or do associate work. We love teens, we love the enthusiasm they have, but for now we are ready to not be coordinating trips, devos, retreats, etc. There is just so much more to ministry than how the next trip goes. I have no idea what God has in store for us. I don't know where we'll move to or what we'll be doing. God has been a little quiet on the subject. I do know that we are on the right path. We have put our house on the market, and I've very proud of what we've done. New cabinets, paint, and flooring in a few places goes a long way. Hopefully someone will fall in love with it soon!

Most of you know that we have been wanting to have another kid for awhile now. For whatever reason, God had asked us to wait. Probably one of the hardest answers to a prayer I've had. But the day before Mitch and the elders met, we found out #2 is on the way! Crazy timing, huh? I don't believe for a second that it was coincidence. We've had 2 ultrasounds and have seen and heard the little heartbeat. Such a miracle and a blessing. Last week we were able to see the head, arms, and legs. So cute. :) The doctor believes everything looks great. If all goes well we will meet this little one around August 6. I'm kind of hoping it can make it to the 12th, so that Jacey and #2 can share birthdays. (It runs in my side of the family - my sister and I have the same birthday only 3 years apart, and my grandmother and her sister had the same birthday.) Considering Jacey was 4 weeks early, I'm not exactly counting on it, but we'll see!

To make life just a little more interesting, Mitch's parents have been looking for a job for a couple of months, and my Dad lost his job over Christmas break. They both have possibilities, but again it's just a matter of waiting to see where God is going to put you. Talk about timing...

So there you have it...a recap of our lives since December. We welcome your prayers for our (and our parents) future. I'm excited to see what it holds!




2 comments:

Kristina said...

Katie,

I know God will open many doors for you and Mitch, and you will find a great place to be. I am also so excited for you about your new little addition on the way! (And a little jealous ;) Michael and I are ready for another baby too, but we have to wait at the moment) I know you are such a great mom and this will be another wonderful blessing for you! I was looking through some old pictures yesterday with Alexis and I found your engagement picture that you gave me before I left Harding and it made me think of you guys. I will be praying for you in finding jobs, and for your parents. We are also hunting jobs at the moment so I understand the stress it can bring to you. Anyway, I should have emailed this long comment, but I just wanted to let you know that I was thinking of you and I love you guys and I'll be praying for you!!

Kristina said...

Katie,

I know God will open many doors for you and Mitch, and you will find a great place to be! I am also so excited for you about your new little addition! (And a little jealous ;) Michael and I are ready for another baby too, but we're going to wait a little longer) I know you are such a great mom and this will be another wonderful blessing for you! I was looking at some old pictures with Alexis yesterday and I found your engagement picture that you gave to me before I left Harding and it made me think of you guys.I will be praying for your job hunting, and your paretns! We are hunting jobs at the moment and I know how stressful it can be. Anyway, I should have emailed this long comment, but I just wanted to let you know that I was thinking of you, I love you guys, and I'll be praying for you!